Join Vinnie Bevivino of Seed and Cycle
at Whitelock Community Farm in Reservoir Hill
on Saturday, July 14th from 10:00 am to Noon
for a two hour workshop on composting in the city
You’ll learn how to start and manage a compost system
that can create fertile soil for your home, school, garden, or farm.
You’ll leave with:
- hands on experience and an understanding of the science of composting
- an overview of the different composting methods and which ones work best for cities,
- how to best compost in the city to avoid rats, smells, or other nuisances,
- how to find and collect all the decomposable materials you’ll need for your compost,
- how to monitor your compost for optimal temperatures that will kill weed seeds, pathogens, and diseases,
- the State regulations regarding composting and sellingcompost.
Vinnie is a Certified Compost Facility Operator in Maryland, has started, operated, and now consults for urban farms and compostsystems of numerous sizes, and has taught composting and urban farming to adults and young people throughout the region. If you ever wanted to start composting, are having trouble with yourcompost pile, or want to increase your composting into a small business, this workshop is for you!
This workshop is $10. To register email: firstname.lastname@example.org and write “compost” in the subject line. Whitelock Community Farm is located at 930 Whitelock Street 21217 in Reservoir Hill, Baltimore, MD21217